Friday, August 29, 2014

On Friday nights & fan girls


It's Friday night and I am hanging at home tonight. It's been a super busy week with long days at work visiting regional centers, followed by hanging with my friends at night. I feel like I've been "on" all week and tonight I just needed some introvert time. I actually had plans to drive to the mall after work today and as I started down the road my eyelids felt heavy and I heard myself say "this is crazy," so I turned around, went back home, and took a nap.

So here I am paying bills, blogging, and flipping through movies on TV. The Diary of a Mad Black Woman, Oceans 11, Julie & Julia, The Lake House.

Oceans 11 reminds me that I still love George and I love Nora Ephron's Julie & Julia.

I posted the above picture of George on my Instagram with hashtag #futureMrsGeorgeClooney because I am that crazy and because there will be a Mrs. Clooney very soon, which was so unexpected, but I am happy for them. The day People Magazine broke the news of Amal and George's engagement my mom texted me to tell me and asked if I was okay. I laughed and then felt strangely sad, because that's what crazy girls do when they have crushes on famous people. Friends later texted me to see how I was doing. It's all kind of hilarious.

In other crazy Carrie pop culture news - Angelina Jolie finally married Brad Pitt. Very happy for them. I hope his parents and her brother were there.

Nice to have a night in and be quiet for a bit. Needed some time to just be and process several things that are happening right now.

From my couch to yours, happy weekend.

No comments: