Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bloggers are people too

I love my little corner of the blogosphere. In fact, I love most all of the blogosphere (just not the haters, mockers, and bullies... of which I know none, although sadly my cousin now does). This week, one of my favorite bloggers, C. Jane, started following me (and her 2000 other Facebook friends) on Pintrest. I know it's only Wednesday, but that made my week! Then, as if that wasn't happy-making enough, she wrote on my FB status (that I mentioned her in)! 




The bloggers I follow feel like my neighbors. The kind who are friendly and enjoy living next door, but don't actually have dinner together or go to movies. These bloggers are my Internet neighbors in my corner of the blogosphere. It makes the world feel small, safe, and happy. 


I remember the first time I met a blogger, it was the brilliantly talented Jasmine Star. I met her when she was photographing a good friend's wedding and she was SO sweet and exactly as I had hoped she would be! A few years later, I e-mailed with Joanna when I asked if she wanted to meet my mom and I for lunch while we were visiting NYC. She too was quite lovely. Recently, Olivia at Everyday Musings, started a FB page and I commented on it and she responded. That too was fun. Then I twittered Nina about pausing her blog and she wrote back a lovely response (she also sent me a Christmas card a couple years ago, which was very fun). And now, the interaction with C. Jane.


Love all of this social media bonding!


(and let's not forget that I re-connected with the lovely Kacie, who I knew as a little kid, through the blog world too!). 

No comments: