Friday, January 20, 2012

January: week three

This week has been so busy that it felt like a five day week and not a four day week! But it was a good one all the same. I got together with great friends, spent time with my sister, have a cold, and got good (and big) news at work. This weekend I am feeling under the weather, so I plan to watch loads of TV and stay cozy. 


There was a lot of work news that is too boring political complicated to really share. BUT, the exciting part is that I also received news I got a title addition and a raise. I'm not saying this to brag, but just to say that I learned a good lesson in the process. I learned you really do have to be your own advocate. It took months of prayer, nerves, advice, and research to get the balls courage to ask my boss for the new title and more money. I wrote my first proposal and everything. It was a great growing experience (and reward) to discover that it's okay to take risks and respect yourself enough to ask for what you feel you deserve. Of course, I had to be sure I had done my homework, worked hard, and could defend my request before I could claim it was deserved. I was thankful to get the good news, but I was more proud of myself for being brave, prepared, and so "corporate". 


So that's the update from my corner of the world. Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Amy Fields said...

Score! That is amazing!
So that's why you have the extra dough to go to Vegas. :)
Love.