Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Golden Globes Moments

Worst host: I really can't stand Ricky Gervais 


Movie I need to see: The Artist, because it will win the Oscar for Best Picture. 


Best dressed: I wasn't obsessed with any of the looks or dresses because I hate red lips, shinny faces, fishtail dresses and leg slits in dresses. But, my favorite was Jessica Alba.



Second runners up: Stacey, Claire, Deborah, Angelina









Biggest fashion disappointments: Lea and Reese (both of whom I always love)






Cutest couple: duet between Felicity Huffman and William H Macy, Jenna Dewan-Tatum and Channing Tatum




Best acceptance speech: Michelle Williams and Claire Danes (because they both mentioned family as the most important)




Funniest moments: George Clooney presenting Moneyball by mocking Brad Pitt's cane (love their bro-mance), Jesse Tyler Ferguson's "whatever" sign as his costar was listed as a nominee for best actor in a comedy show.




Missed opportunity: George should have walked Meryl her glasses up to her, how great would that moment have been?


Best host: George Clooney. Doesn't it always seem like it's his party? I love that about him. 


Did you notice: Angie stood up for Meryl's win, Leo always looks like he's genuinely paying attention, Meryl shouted out to Viola, the sweet mother daughter pride between Andie Macdowel and her Miss Golden Globes daughter. 




Overall, I thought the show was okay, but let's hope the Oscars are better. 


(most photos from People).

No comments: