Monday, October 3, 2011

Emily's wedding


My good friend and (recently former) roommate, Emily, got married this weekend. It was so surreal. Emily and I have been friends for over 7 years and have been roommates for 4 of those years. She has been my family in LA. We've grown and changed and bonded through personal trials, school, roommates, figuring out setting up utilities, family challenges, and lots of laughter. For many years, Emily was the person I talked to about singleness the most. She is a strong woman of God and has been a great support to me over the years.

Watching her marry George, the love of her life, was nothing short of wonderful. I was so proud to stand up with them. They have set an amazing example of a relationship centered around God, focused on purity, and full of selflessness. I have loved being a part of their love story (I sort of introduced them and supported George in asking Em out).


The wedding was beautiful. They got married at the Point Loma naval base and you could literally hear the ocean waves next to us. I had a great time with the other bridesmaids and loved spending time with Em's niece and baby nephew. It was also great to see good friends I haven't seen in a while.


The whole day was just lovely and low key, much like George and Em.

(top photo "borrowed" from friends on facebook).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww thank you, Carrie!! I love that I made your blog. Thank you for being my bridesmaid. It was an honor that you stood up there with me! Love you, Em