Monday, July 18, 2011

Weekend edition

This weekend was really great. My sister came up for the weekend, which I was SO happy about! I got off at noon on Friday and spent the afternoon watching TV and eating junk food with my sister. It was great to just veg and chill.


Saturday we spent the morning by the pool with my friends Dana, Marci, Sarah, and Sarah's daughter, Amelia. It was a perfect summer day. Girl talk, tanning, and grabbing burgers before saying goodbye. That night Ash and I went to Sarah's for dinner and to have a Big Brother marathon of Big Brother After Dark on Showtime 2. I ran around and hung out with Amelia a lot and was completely exhausted! I loved every minute of it.


Sunday, Ashley and I had lunch and watched TV and then she headed home. We watched the Diane Sawyer interview of Jaycee Dugard. It breaks my heart, but is an amazing story. Jaycee's journey reminded me that the Lord will never give us more than we can handle. I am comforted by this.

Later that night, I said goodbye to my sister, and my roommate, Emily, and friend, Ilise, came home. The three of us hung out and watched "Step Up," the embarrassing dance movie of our time as roommates (this is my favorite scene). To this day, I still drool over Channing Tatum in that movie. We all kind of do.

It was great to spend the whole weekend with friends!

No comments: