Monday, May 30, 2011

Catching up with myself


Tonight marks the end of my week off. Aside from the back pain, it was quite lovely. I majorly vegged out. I slept more than ten hours every night, watched TV, read, and just hung out in my new apartment. Then I went home to San Diego for the long weekend, where I did some of the same, but also ran errands with my family and ate yummy meals together. It was all glorious and tonight my back feels much better than it did a week ago.

I realized today that I haven't had a week off of nothing-ness since I was in college on Spring break (because I've decided Christmas doesn't count... that week is packed full of crazy and fun). Don't get me wrong, I have taken vacations since then, but I am always somewhere other than home (New York, Palm Desert, Texas, etc). I love taking vacations, but a week at home is a whole different experience of relaxation and a feeling of catching up with yourself. I guess that's how I feel tonight, that I've somehow caught up with myself. Don't you like the way that sounds? I sure do. 

Tomorrow begins my real life again... catching up at work, paying bills, finish unpacking my very last box (there's always one, isn't there?), and the other parts of my usual schedule. But I have learned this week who I am without my schedule and my job. It seems more of me than I wish to admit is linked to my job: what they think of me, how well I do, making sure my ongoing checklist continues to be checked off. It's depressing and I don't want it to be true... anymore. 

So, here's to a good week! 

No comments: