Sunday, April 10, 2011

Words to live by

We all just do the best we can. It's when this stops being true that you can be blame.

I just watched the Judds interview on The View and am taping their show tonight on OWN. Their interviewed reminded me of a truth I hold dear: that we all do the best we know how. And if someone does that, how can you really blame them? The Judds live this way and make most families look functional, but it was a tough day with my family too. 

Sometimes life gets a bit hectic and we all become bad versions of ourselves and need grace more on some days than others. Today, I was in that spot. Well, sort of this whole weekend. But I just try to remember that most people don't wake up and think "today, I am going to be awful and rude and really ruin some one's day." No, most wake up and try their best. We can only be as good as the tools we have and to expect us to be more than that just isn't fair. 

So then next time you are frustrated by someone, annoyed by someone, or hurt by someone (boyfriend, family, and stranger) just remember that they are trying their best. And at the end of the day, what more can we ask?  

No comments: