Friday, April 29, 2011

Top Ten: Royal Wedding Moments

Today I watched the Royal Wedding and officially understood people's love of the Royal family, including my Mom's love of Diana. Watching the wedding really did feel so special and unifying to see it all unfold live. I love moments like these in history. Moments I understand and take part in. Moments that unite people all over the world.

Many people complained about the amount of attention, money, and press regarding this wedding. But to me, I love every minute. In a time of war, unrest, and death, the world needed a wedding. William and Kate's day offered us all a chance to unite and focus on something sweet, hopeful, and lovely. The wedding served as a reminder that good things still happen and proved that celebration can ease the great burdens of today.

Also, when else can we see a Royal Wedding? It is not often celebrities let us in on their weddings, and today, William and Kate were sort of forced to, and I am extremely grateful.

The wedding was one of the most beautiful I have ever seen. I woke up around 1:30am just in time to see the Beckhams take their seats. I watched until about 6:30am and went to sleep shortly after the kiss(es) on the balcony. I ohh-ed and ahh-ed, laughed, and cried, talked to my friends and family and then watched the recaps all day long. Taking the day off was an excellent idea (British folks had today off as a holiday).

So, here are my favorite moments:  


1. The wedding dress. Ah-maz-ing. It was perfection. Kate looked amazing. It was exactly what I would expect.

2. Prince Harry - from the stolen look of the bride coming down the aisle, to his smiles during the ceremony, to the cute way he rounded the little page boys and bridesmaids, to how he and Pippa laughed together. He is so cute and seems like such a charmer. I just wish I could have heard his toast at the reception and had him serve me a "survivors' breakfast."

3. When William whispered "you look beautiful" to Kate as she finally reached him at the alter.

4. The special moments between Will and Kate - the quick glance during the sermon was my favorite. But also the sweet looks and smiles during their vows.

5. The two kisses on the balcony.

(photo credit)

6. Pippa. First of all, who doesn't love the name Pippa? Second, she is smokin' hot. She looked beautiful in her bridesmaids dress.

(photo credit)

7. Commenting today that Harry and Pippa should be together. Love that idea!

8. Seeing the Beckhams, the hats, and the other royal family members, as well as the Middleton's.


9. Texting/calling/Facebook-ing with friends and family during it all.

(photo credit)

10. "Watching" the whole wedding with Anderson Cooper, Cat Deeley, and Piers Morgan on CNN.

Now I just really wish I was at the evening reception! Can't wait to hear the stories and see pictures.

No comments: