Tuesday, February 8, 2011

House hunting

I have been house hunting this week. I am not ready to buy a house but for some reason I have the bug. I have been obsessed with pouring over the internet at the homes for sale around my area. I love the look of custom homes and old homes (for this week anyway), but I also love small homes and unusual homes.

Here are some gorgeous photos from MSN's real estate section of a "green" beach cottage:






I love houses because they always give me the idea of home. I pass one house after work everyday and it is gorgeous. Lots of windows, a big yard, and built in the 1920s. My favorite part is at night when all the lights are on and it just glows. The windows have no blinds and it looks so homey.

I blame my parents. They raised me to understand that a house is also a home where love, security, and safety reside. I have come to add the definitions of laughter and comfort as well. 

One of my favorite things is to drive around a look at houses, especially big houses. I love to tour model homes as well. Two weekends ago my sister and I went to Riverside to spend the weekend with my aunt and cousin and while we were there they showed us some very large, beautiful homes. We even toured one... 1.6 million dollars of one.

In addition, we trespassed walked around a house that has been halted in construction. I was terrified to go up the stairs and tour the second floor because there were no rails, but I overcame my anxiety and did it. I've never walked through a house that is in the middle of being built.




It was fun to imagine what it will look like when finished. The color of the carpet, the kitchen tile, the closet space, the paint, where the bed will go... all of it.

No comments: