Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bestie birthday


Dear Amy,

Two weeks from tomorrow you will be landing in California. But, do you know what's even better? Two weeks from Friday I will be picking you up and we will be on our way to VEGAS! I am so excited to spend our birthdays together! I CAN'T WAIT.


We will chat and laugh and listen to music and talk grad school and eat yummy food and walk on The Strip and gamble and probably cry a little (knowing our heart to hearts) and of course, talk about boys! I am also looking forward to introducing you and Rachel. You two will love each other. Trust me. How do I know? Because you both love me!


I keep thinking about our weekend and I am struck by the fact that we haven't spent a whole weekend together since high school. Gosh, that seems like forever ago. Doesn't it? It's hard to believe. It's even crazier to remember that we haven't lived in the same state - let alone city - for seven years. That is why I am so looking forward to spending our birthdays together.


I bet this birthday will top every other birthday we've celebrated together. Can it be done? I'm not totally sure, but I think so. I mean, we have set a pretty high birthday bar: from wearing accidental matching navy blue and white polka dot jumpers (one with hearts and one with dots), to a lovely tea at your house, to seeing My Dog Skip from the very front row and crying our eyes out, to being serenaded by the Cold Stone guy with our best friends, to going away for our 18th birthday with our besties for the weekend.


See what I mean? We've had some good ones!

What do you think? :)

Love,
Carrie

1 comment:

Amy Fields said...

Oh my, if topping a random serenade is the bar, it's only in VEGAS that we can top it, right???
I can't wait!!!
Love!