Monday, January 10, 2011

Miracle.


A miracle happened to my family this weekend.

My mom was in a car accident on Saturday. It was a four car wreck. Person A hit Person B who hit my Mom who then hit Person D. We don’t know if Person A hit and ran or if they ended up behind the accident once my mom’s car stopped moving. Person B was an 18-year-old girl who only had her license for a short time and she later told her Dad she was never driving again. She ended up hitting Mom and then spinning into the middle divider and then stopped in the middle of the freeway. Person D was the most hurt and his car went up an embankment and then rolled back down it on to the freeway. Mom’s car followed his and went up the embankment. She felt it start to roll and miraculously, it did not, and it drove back down the embankment and landed on the side of the freeway.

The fact that Mom is alive and well is a complete and total miracle. Mom is alive. She walked away from the accident without any broken bones and she’s not even black and blue. All three people in the accident went to the hospital and Mom was the least hurt. She wasn’t even officially admitted to the hospital. Several good Samaritans pulled over to help those in the accident. Mom’s good Samaritan was Michelle. She stayed with my Mom until Mom got in the ambulance. Michelle is the one who called my Dad and left a message saying what happened. Dad had to call 911 to find out what hospital Mom was taken to.

Once my mom was in the ambulance she met the 18-year-old, Yvette. She was a mess and told my mom she didn’t know what happened. My good and wonderful mother took Yvette’s hand. She also called Yvette’s family to tell them what happened.

Meanwhile, my Mom called my sister and I to tell us what happened. Unfortunately, I was in the movies (go see “Country Strong”) and my poor sister had to wait two hours until I finally checked my phone. Needless to say, I fell apart. We got in the car and drove home.

Today, my parents saw our car. Tomorrow we will probably find out it will be totaled. My Dad said every panel on the car would have to be replaced. The front tires were bent in. I’ve never heard of that happening. Here’s the miraculous thing. The tires were bent to the right. There is no human way that Mom’s car could have driven off the embankment, because the curve would be to the left. The car should have rolled. It should have kept driving up the embankment, at least, to make a circle. Instead, bent tires and all, it drove back down the embankment. This is a complete miracle because it can’t happen. It can’t. The wheel was bent the wrong way for it to be possible. God is good and God is real.

So here’s what I’m taking away… God is actively working in all our lives and He knows the number of our days. God saved my mom’s life on Saturday. He is not done with her. He has more plans for her. Every day is a gift from God. Life is fragile and every day we need to acknowledge it as a gift. I have never been more aware of this truth than I am now. I have also never been more aware that God does miracles every day. I can’t get over the fact that God performed an actual miracle in driving my Mom’s car down the embankment. It kind of freaks me out, but in the best possible way. My family is blessed and I am so thankful for all three of their lives.

Thank you, God. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Now go see your loved ones, give them a big hug, and tell them you love them.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Sniff! God is so good. I love you lots!!!!!!!!

Sarah Chamberlain said...

What? Carrie, I am so sorry to hear this but what a miracle. God is so good. I wish that I could have been there for you. Wow, this is truly a testiment to Gods power, love, and plan for our lives. Thank you for sharing and let me know if you need to talk, laugh, share, because I will be there. Oh how cheesy I rhymed.

Kacie said...

i'm so glad you're mom is okay :)
the Lord is so good to his children!