Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Golden.

I really enjoy award shows.

I like to hear the speeches. I like to predict who will win. I like to see the fashion. I like to see who stars will arrive with.

But my favorite part is when the camera spans the room just before a commercial break and you get a glimpse of who celebrities say hi to and hang out with and hug or laugh with around the room. I think there should be a whole show of just those moments. That’s what most interests me.

So, here are my thoughts…

Best dressed: Olivia Wilde.

Olivia Wilde

Most classy: Catherine Zeta Jones. Loved her Golden look.

1ADA36DF

Best win: The Social Network. I really thought this was the best movie of 2010. It was so well acted and well written. It also reflects a crucial cultural phenomenon, which I think makes then movie even more timeless. I love that art reflects life and this movie is exactly that. My money is on this movie for Best Picture at the Oscars.

social network

Most deserving: Christian Bale. Loved him in The Fighter… and The Illusionist… and Batman… and Little Women. Then guy may have a temper and hate the press, but he is an incredible actor. And, underneath all that hair, very handsome.

1AD9C468

Best guest I didn’t expect to see at the Globes: Carrie Underwood. Because I love her.

Carrie Underwood 

Best cast: Glee. Although the show is continuing to disappoint me this season, I love to watch the cast interact. Their excitement is so fun to see. I love that they are all young and new to showbiz and can grow and bond together.

1ADA19EF

The guy I’m apparently mad at: Jake Gyllenhaal. He broke up with Taylor Swift and now I am mad at him. I blame it on the fact that I am obsessed with Taylor’s new CD and have “Dear John” on repeat. I bet she’s writing a follow up called “Dear Jake” as we speak.

gyllenhaal

The guy my mom loves: Colin Firth. Aka Mr. Darcy.

1AD9CA4D

(sorry for having the wife in the pic, Mom).

TV personality who looked even more beautiful than the celebrities: Guiliana Rancic (from E!).

Guiliana Rancic

Movie I most want to rent: Easy A with Emma Stone who was beautiful in a very age-appropriate way.

Emma Stone

Actress I always find classy: Claire Danes. Love her.

Claire Danes

And her hubby:

1ADA2CF6

My favorite celebrity: Angelina Jolie.

1ADA1258

Favorite award show: The Oscars, not the Golden Globes. Can’t wait to hear the nominations, but I really believe the Oscar race is already settled. Christian Bale, Melissa Leo, Natalie Portman, Aaron Sorkin, David Fincher, The Social Network.

The part that will make things less expected (re: The Oscars): The duo hosting, James Franco and Anne Hathaway. Can’t wait.

franco hathaway

(photos found at People and Vanity Fair).

2 comments:

Jan said...

That was my fav dress, too!!!!!!

sarah said...

Colin Firth is my fav! After the 6 hour version of Pride and Prejudice, I was IN LOVE! One of the most attractive older man EVER.