Saturday, December 18, 2010

Master of Arts


I now have a Masters of Arts in Organizational Leadership.

I graduated today! Okay, technically, I am still finishing a class until the end of January. However, I did walk today! I am so happy. There is a kind of happiness when I graduate that is indescribable. You sort of feel like you're flying and seeing life through pink glasses. You feel complete joy and the whole ceremony seems surreal. I just smile the whole time. It is an incredible feeling. I wish I could bottle it up and give it to each and every one of you! It is awesome.

Today I had an early lunch with my parents, Nana, sister, her boyfriend, Chris, and the lovely, Nichol. I was so excited for my parents to meet Nichol. Then I went with my Mom early to graduation and showed her some of my favorite houses on the way. At the school I toured her around my office and then introduced her to some coworkers who were helping at graduation. After the ceremony I said hi to everyone and took pictures and then we went to dinner at North Woods. The group was my mom, dad, Ashley, Chris, Nana, my two aunts, my uncle, and my cousin. It was a fun dinner. I really did miss Grandma today though. I think we all did. 

When I got home from all the festivities I played with my new camera. It is a "real" camera with a lens and everything! I love it! My parents always buy me the best gifts. :) I think photography will be my new post-grad hobby.

(photo from Newsweek. Used during my capstone presentation).

1 comment:

Amy Fields said...

I am so glad you had a special ceremony and time with your fam! You deserve it!!!