Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Don’t you just love New York in the Fall?

This time last week I was finishing day one in New York City.

It was so nice to be back in NYC. We landed on a red eye at 5am and as soon as we got to the hotel I showered and went to sleep. My Mom, Dad, and I then woke up and headed out for lunch at Serendipity.

IMG_0448

As is custom, we split a frozen hot chocolate. Amazing.

Then we went to Bloomingdale’s across the street.

We rode in a carriage around Central Park, one of my favorite places ever. It is so beautiful and I was able to see things I had never seen before, including the skating rink and a carousel.

IMG_0456
 IMG_0467

We took a red bus tour to see more of the city. I took a ton of pictures on my iPhone.

We got off at the stop for Ground Zero because in all my trips to NY I have never seen it. Ground Zero doesn’t look like much, but we did find this little church called St. Paul’s and it became a shelter for tired firemen and relief workers during the rescue effort after the attacks. There are benches where the firemen slept and people still use the church as a living memorial, sending signs and posters thanking the church and rescue workers for their efforts after 9/11. It is also the church President George Washington attended.

IMG_0515
 IMG_0516
 IMG_0517
 IMG_0519
We ended the evening with dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant, Il Corso (on 55th between 5th and 6th).

IMG_0535

I love it there. They moved locations across the street because they needed a bigger facility, which is great because it means they are doing well and every time I visit I wonder if they’ve closed.

It was a packed first day and definitely set the tone for the rest of our trip.

No comments: