Sunday, June 13, 2010

I wish summer


I wish summer would consist of beach breezes in my hair while I sit on the porch facing the waves and taste the salt on my lips.

I wish summer would consist of road trips to San Fran, where it is cool and 65 degrees even in August. I would walk the Golden Gate Bridge and then get ice cream at Ghirardelli’s.

I wish summer would consist of roof top parties in New York City in early evening. We would sip white wine and watch the sun set, while the taxicab horns are heard from below.

I wish summer would consist of flying kites on the beach.

I wish summer would consist of eating seafood and salads on the patio of a restaurant.

I wish summer would consist of barbeques and pool days and homemade ice cream with family, like when I was a little kid and we swam as a family at Aunt Dianna’s.

I wish summer would consist of air-conditioned rooms while lounging on the couch watching reality TV.

I wish summer would consist of weather that never exceeded 75 degrees.

1 comment:

Tobin said...

ohh this makes me think- i'd give anything right now to be 12 again when nothing mattered but swimming and ice cream and beach days :)