Saturday, June 12, 2010


I just finished watching “Little Women” with my sister and she and I kept commenting about how much the movie’s themes are like me. We joked that it is because of this movie (and a few other cultural things… like Nancy Drew books) that I am the way I am.
The movie talks about women’s rights and equality, which is so much a part of who I am and what I believe in. Jo is a writer, like I wish to be. She also falls for an older professor, which is also a similarity between us. Plus, the movie is all about how home and family and living close by to both make life valuable, which, again, is totally what I am about. Sigh. It is just such a great film. When I was little we used to watch it all the time and the older version with June Allyson and Peter Lawford (thanks to my mom). I used to imagine I was most like Beth or Meg, but now I realize I am most like Jo. Now if only Christian Bale would want to marry into my family…
(photo found here through a Google search).

No comments: