Monday, March 29, 2010

When it rains it pours

(my Grandma and I at Easter in 2007)

It is time for an update. Life has been pretty tough lately. My Grandma needs a lot of prayer. She is in the hospital and not doing well. Everyday is a different story in regard to her health. It has been really hard on my family.
My Grandma went in for a routine knee replacement surgery about two months ago and she has been in a convalesent/rehab center or the hospital since. She has a disease called Myasthenia Gravis (where your muscles can stop working eventually), which we believe is what flared up after her surgery. Two weeks ago she ended up back in the hospital and didn’t know who any of her family members were, she also refused any and all food, medication, and water. My family and I went to her see two Sundays ago and it was really difficult. She wasn’t very responsive and the only words she was saying were curse words (which is very out of character).
Then, last week on Thursday, I went to visit Grandma on my own. I heard she was improving from my aunts and I woke up that morning with this heavy, heavy feeling that I needed to drop everything and go see Grandma. So, I did. It was yet another lesson in my life that I should always go with my gut… I believe the Lord speaks through my intuition and that morning I knew I had to go. Thankfully, I work at a place that is very supportive.
Anyway, this weekend my Grandma went back to that confused state and more tests are being requested. Please pray. Just pray for my family in general.
To make matters more ironic and tough, my roommates (who are sisters) found out yesterday that their Grandpa had a small stroke and today he still can’t speak. So basically every person in our apartment is dealing with the very real possibility that we may lose our beloved Grandparents or may not lose them, but they may never be the same.
Also, a good family friend of mine is in the hospital receiving chemo treatment for non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. About ten years ago I became good friends with a girl named, Ashley, and her family and I became very close for the next few years. Today, I am closest with her Dad and step-mom, and it is her Dad that was just diagnosed. The man already survived a liver transplant that almost took him once.It has been a very rough week medically. When it rains it pours. I am just thankful that I can lean on the Lord. And thankful that I can ask you to pray.

1 comment:

Shannon Rose said...

Definitely praying Carrie. So sorry this has been such a tough time.