Sunday, February 28, 2010

To making it count


I had a birthday party this weekend. It was the first time I threw a birthday party for myself. It felt awkward to do, but also really exciting because I was able to gather some of my favorite people around one table and have a good time… except there wasn’t actually a table, but a living room works too, right? I invited a few people (all women, and all friends from my life in LA, not from back home) for a dinner party. And I cooked… did you read that? I COOKED. Shocking, I know. It gets better – I made lasagna. Overnight lasagna, passed down from my mom, passed down from my Grandma. It turned out so well! It was delicious (if I do say so myself). My friend even told me that if I ever make food for a date, it should be that lasagna. My friend, Nichol (the ever amazing cook), made me an incredible birthday cake. It was chocolate ganache cake with blackberries. SO GOOD. My roommates and I are all still eating it today. We ended the night by watching “Titanic” (mostly because two of my friends have never seen it – can you believe it? – so I used my birthday as a reason for them to finally watch it). I have forgotten what a good and epic movie that is? I also fell a little in love with Jack Dawson. :) The post of my blog is a quote from Jack’s monologue in the movie at dinner. It could also be a motto for my 24th year. Overall, it was a really great birthday party.

2 comments:

Amy Fields said...

Yay for birthdays! Yay 24! You are two-dozen now! :)

Anonymous said...

let's talk about that dark pink flower/firework looking thing on my shirt...