Sunday, February 7, 2010

Being an adult has its drawbacks...

Being an adult has its drawbacks. I feel like I’ve been in full adult mode all week. I took sick days last week and had to deal with calling in sick and making up the work. I made decisions at meetings on behalf of my department this week. I worked (and stayed home) with a migraine. I cancelled plans with friends to take care of my health (not my favorite thing to do). I took car of my Grandma and spent time with family. I have to deal with “work problems” and learn how to handle sticking up for myself and answering to someone. (Sigh) sometimes it is tough.
On the other hand, being an adult is wonderful. I went to dinner with lovely friends this week. I rented movies and spent all of today watching them. I spent time with family. I have a job where I get to make decisions and get a paycheck. I have co-workers I love and who invite me places and include me in things. It is all about perspective… right?

2 comments:

Amy Fields said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I also had "work problems" a couple weeks ago and still dealing with the back-lash. So I'll be praying for you for courage and against regret and I hope you'll do the same for me.
Love you friend.

Tobin said...

Where do you work again? I can't remember. But I resonate with you, being adult-ish has weighed me down lately too.. I suppose because I'm still learning how responsibilities and freedom don't necessarily have to cancel each other out.