Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blame it on Friday-itis

I have got to blog about yesterday. It was the most random crazy day! I kept wanting to say it was “just one of those days,” but that gives the connotation that it was bad, and it wasn’t really. It was more just hilariously random if you have a good sense of humor in the moment, which thankfully (except for maybe two hours of my entire day), I did and it carried me through.
I began the day getting ready in front of a mirror in the dark. The light above my sink area in my bedroom burnt out on Thursday and I haven’t placed a work order yet, so that was interesting. Then I drove to work, looked at my calendar for the day and realized I completely forgot it was the day of the birthday tea for my co-worker! I was in charge of bring salad and hadn’t even bought it! So, I went to an hour and a half meeting with IMT and the Admissions staff and then went to the grocery store and my apartment and then made it back with the salad just in time…in the rain. I made a delicious salad (thanks to my Mom who I literally called at 11am from the grocery store to make sure I got all the items). I made a salad of mixed spring greens, spinach, cranberries, candied walnuts, and feta, dressed in light raspberry walnut vinaigrette. I ran home, tore open bags, got a huge bowl (because the I mistakenly thought the bowl I wanted to use was at my apartment, but it is actually a bowl at my house in San Diego…it is tough to have two residences!), and threw it all together. Oh, and I wasn’t positive I had good salad tongs at my place, so I bought a new pair at the store too! LOL. I know, it was just one of those crazy days. I had to laugh at myself, especially because it is so unlike me to completely forget about a planned lunch I am responsible to bring something to!
The tea was lovely and I spent the rest of the afternoon bugging this poor guy from IMT about a People Soft testing thing I am behind on. I made a great dinner that night out of leftovers. I made penne pasta with leftover chicken, feta, and spinach. It was pretty good. Then I hopped in the car and drove home to San Diego, and although it rained in a few patches, it was a lovely drive. It took the usual amount of time but I could have sworn it only took me an hour. It was that peaceful and lovely! I always appreciate commutes like that.
Once I got home I topped my ridiculous acts of the day by calling into the Haiti telethon about 73 times. Literally. I’m not kidding. My iPhone says 73 calls were placed. (Don’t judge). I desperately wanted to talk to a celebrity. Okay, I really desperately wanted to talk to George Clooney. I also wanted to speak to Anderson Cooper, but realized when I turned on the telethon that he is still in Haiti. But, I would have gladly “settled” for Oprah, Reese Whiterspoon, Justin Timberlake, Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep, or even Brad Pitt. I donated in my first call and didn’t get a celebrity. Then I called back a few times and finally asked to speak to George Clooney and was told “I could not be transferred at the moment” and then called again and asked to talk to a celebrity and was told “they’ve all gone for the night.” Sad day. But hey, I donated for a great cause, and I donated to George’s effort for the cause. One degree closer. Haha. I really am ridiculous. But be honest, that is part of why you love me… right?
It was a good day.

No comments: