Monday, December 14, 2009

Top Ten: Be thankful instead

Well, I was going to write a post about my rough day today and have a complaining tone (because I do it so well). But, I just got off the phone with my mom and she wisely advised me that every time I want to complain about something I need to name five things I am thankful for instead. She told me this in the context of a very specific prayer and God convo and a want that has been plaguing me of late, but the advice works no matter what.

So, here is a Top Ten list of what I am thankful for today. Thankful for right now.

1. My mom's wise and Godly advice.
2. Remembering my weekend with my family that ended yesterday.
3. That my beloved friends are coming home for Christmas (especially Amy and Nikki).
4. Heating pads and electric blankets.
5. TV on DVD (today, I am specifically thankful for "Sports Night" (especially Dan Rydell, the cute news reporter) and, therefore, the mind of Aaron Sorkin).
6. Anderson Cooper... today because he was the guest host of "Reggis and Kelly." He is so darn adorable and funny.
7. That I am considering writing more than blog entries lately.
8. Comfy sweatshirts.
9. Ugg boots.
10. Butter cookie wafers with marscapone and lemon curd (thanks to Trader Joe's and Nichol).

No comments: