Here is the Top Ten list of what I am thankful for this year:
1. A permanent job in a new position with co-workers I love, who take care of me and have become good friends (especially Marci).
2. My parents, for knowing when to let me be a grown up and when to comfort me like a kid.
3. My sister, for being a good friend (and for not hating me now that we live together again).
4. My good friend, Nichol, because she is intentional, wonderful, inspiring, and Godly, and we have great talks.
5. New family. Meeting my new aunt, uncle, and cousins has been a huge blessing.
6. I am thankful that I still play phone tag with those far away, including Rachel, Amy, and Nikki.
5. Good health (for me and my family).
6. My friend, Kristy, because she and I have such a great time together and she always lets me know I am missed when we don’t hang out (we hang out at least twice a week and I love it!). She has been a crucial part in making life feel so stable in LA this year. 7. A church to attend in LA,
8. Being able to go home when I need to and be rejuvenated. I still consider
9. A growing social life with friends.
10. Understanding, one year later, how much the Lord loves me, even when life is very hard (partly in thanks to my counselor, Carol, who I love). I am living proof that God is faithful and will change your life, because a year ago everything in life - and everything in my spiritual life - was upside down and now things are peaceful and healthy and continuing to improve. The Lord has really made His grace clear to me this year and I rest in that lesson daily.
(photo is Norman Rockwell)