Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Updates are hard to write when you're sick.

Well, it has been over a week since I last wrote, and I promised myself (and you) that I would write at least once a week. Even my sister commented on my lack of a recent post (thanks for reading, Ash)! So that means it is time for an update.
I have been pretty sick for the last few days. Even writing this post is taking energy I am not sure I have. I hate being sick. First of all, it reminds me that I live because I have to ask my roommates to take care of me and only ask when I legitimately can’t do it on my own. If I were at home my Mom would be making sure I am okay. I miss that, but I do appreciate her and my Dad’s sympathy on the phone. My sister has been really nice to me though, so again, I am glad we live together. I also hate being sick because I miss out on all social plans, which are the highlights of my week. And, I am missing work, which is really, really stressing me out. It makes me feel like a slacker, which I am not, but I still feel that way.
Speaking of work, I got a new position at work last week. I am officially the Admissions Manager now, which is very exciting. It means I am no longer a temporary employee, which is a big relief. I am also salaried now and get my tuition discount back. It is strange to know that I will for sure be here for at least two more years now that I have a permanent job. But I do love security and now I have it!
In other news, my family is five people bigger now. My mom and sisters found their “lost sister” last weekend (read her entry about it here). She was given up for adoption by my grandparents 60 years ago and she has been searching for years and my mom and her sisters have been searching and last weekend they were all introduced and united through e-mail and Facebook. It is pretty incredible. We are all having a big family reunion in November, which should be pretty cool.
Anyway, other than being home sick, life is good and busy. I hang out with friends a lot these days, which I am so thankful for. It has been a long time waiting for friends and a social life and now that it is here I am taking advantage of every opportunity to hang out and continue getting to know these new people.

No comments: