Friday, September 18, 2009

New roommate


As I write this my sister is setting up her new room in my apartment (now our apartment). Her boyfriend, Chris, is over too and kindly and patiently helping her build IKEA furniture. She seems very happy to be here, which makes me glad and relieved. I am excited and nervous to see what this journey will hold for us, especially because we live with another set of sisters too (Em and her sister, Sarah). I'm also excited to see what this new journey will hold for my "empty nest" parents, who only a few hours in, have already seemed to happily adjust! I am just glad to finally be living with someone who has known me for longer than five years! Ash knows me really well - which can be good and bad - but having family around, and the comfort and vulnerability it brings, will be nice.

No comments: