Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Bouquet of newly sharpened pencils


School is starting and all is right in the world!!! Gosh, I love my MAOL (Masters of Arts in Organizational Leadership) program! It seriously makes my week. I love it! I love the learning. I love the topics. I love the professors. I love that everything I learn is immediately applicable to my life. And I love my peers! Tonight there was a mandatory meeting so I got to see all of my favorite people, most of whom I haven’t seen since early May, and most of us will no longer have classes together because of where we’re each at in the program, so tonight was a great chance to catch up and smile and give hugs. In the midst of all my transition and lack of close friends, class is where I can show up and feel apart of something. My friends in the program make me feel noticed and appreciated and loved. The professors make me feel competent and intelligent. The material makes me feel empowered and challenged. Ah, I just love it. I can’t wait for my class to start in two weeks. I guess I could really use a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils right about now!
(Photo found here).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

in response to your sharpened pencils, don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower?

karen

K @ Blog Goggles said...

That's awesome you love your school so much. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

"Don't you love New York in the fall? ... "

Em

Jan said...

Sushi? Sushi!