Sunday, August 30, 2009

A physical reflection of inner change





Yesterday I cut off ten inches of my hair! I donated it to Locks of Love, but really just wanted a change and knew I had enough hair to donate, rather than cutting off just four inches or so. I’ve donated a couple times now. Emily and I keep mentioning how this year seems to be a whole new season in our lives, and she encouraged me to cut my hair as a way to physically reflect that transition, which it has.
Em is right, we are in transition. However, I feel like I’ve been in a constant state of transition since moving north to go to college. It has lasted for five years now, but obviously there are calmer and more dramatic times. This is one of the more dramatic times. I am in job transition, apartment transition, church transition, friend transition (which has been rather difficult), and roommate transition. This week my sister decided she is moving in with Em and I while she attends Cal Poly Pomona. And, as of yesterday, Em’s sister moved in with us as well. September will bring four roommates in our new place and two sets of sisters, which should be fun and interesting.
I’ve never really been a fan of transition, as you well know by now. We shall see what happens. I just cover this time of my life in prayer and I try to be as extroverted and brave as possible, which gets very exhausting. But, one part of transition that has been fun is my new haircut. It has been just over 24 hours and I am really enjoying my drastically shorter hair!

2 comments:

Josh, Chrissie & Matthew said...

I love it - so cute!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your hair! You look just like your mom now! :)

Em