Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Details

Dear friends,
Sorry I haven’t written in over a week. I haven’t felt much like writing.
Life has been a bit rough the past couple weeks. It is not so much because of outside factors, it is mostly just me. I was busy wallowing in self-pity, buried in Melancholy and Blue. Those two have been my best friends the last few weeks and I couldn’t seem to shake them. They are the best kind of best friends because they never leave or give up on you. They are always there when you need to vent and be listened to and they always tell you you’re right, except they tell you the lies you are believing are the truth, that you are right that “no one is intentional about making time for you” or “you’re not beautiful enough,” or “you are always alone.”
The problem is, as loyal as Melancholy and Blue are; they are lethal and poisonous to my other friends Optimism and Contentment and Faith. These three friends are also great, but they are not as loyal and they don’t always take my side, but they are the kind of friends that when they come to stay you feel better about life. They make you happy to be alive and force you to see the glass as half full. The trouble comes when Optimism, Contentment, and Faith get kicked out by Melancholy and Blue.
Luckily, I finally got strong enough on Friday night to kick out Melancholy and Blue. I was seeing the negative effects of their visit affect not only me, but my friends and family, so I grabbed Maturity and Humility and forced myself to be strong. Since Friday, life has been better. My attitude has improved and life is looking half-full again. God has been showing Himself in the details, which is one of my favorite things about the way He shows up in my life, because when life seems hard and overwhelming, all you have is the small stuff, the basics, the details.
Thanks for reading and here is to a better outlook on life.

No comments: