Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Dance like no one's watching





I wish I was a dancer.
I always have. My sister was a dancer when she was young and I used to be so jealous that she was coordinated and brave enough to go perform on stage. I use to imagine what it would be like to go to a dance class every week and bond with my fellow dancers and pretend to be mad at my dance instructor for the torture she was putting me through. One of my best friends, Nikki, was a dancer and I use to love watching her and going to her recitals. She was amazing to watch.
Now I watch “So You Think You Can Dance” and love every minute of it. I love old musicals. I love lame dance flicks like “Center Stage” and “Step Up.” I love the way people can express themselves through dance. A person can work out their emotions and stress and heartache on the floor. It is beautiful.
These days I am obsessed with going dancing at Montana’s every weekend. It is the closest I can come to “being a dancer.” Ha, whatever that means. Line dancing is the best because the moves are decided for you and you just have to learn the steps. I don’t have to free-style and make my own moves, because that is an area where I lack! LOL. I also love to two-step, but considering that is a partner dance it is a bit more complicated and harder to come by on the weekends, but it is fun. I love going to Montana’s because it is such a great stress reliever. You can’t be mad or stressed or over-think when you’re dancing. It is a great escape, and considering they play country music most of the night it is a slice of heaven on earth!
So anyway, go turn on “So You Think You Can Dance.” It is on as I write this. Tomorrow night Katie Holmes will be dancing on the show. Hope I’m out of class in time to watch it! I love her and I’ve actually seen her on stage, which was awesome, and probably a lot of the reason I like her.

Now go dance! :)

No comments: