Tuesday, June 16, 2009

100th post

Wow. This is my one hundredth post! I never even expected to like blogging, yet here I am writing my 100th post. I had many plans for this post. I thought it would be reflective about my growth in the last hundred posts. But, here I am not feeling reflective. I also planned to write this week about the fact that five years ago I graduated high school! Crazy, huh? I can not believe it was five years ago, but we can go down that path another day...
As for tonight, I am sitting in my friend Marci's (shout out to Marci!) living room, watching cable (never under-estimate how great those words sound), and writing this blog on her laptop. Marci is wonderful and was kind enough to open her warm and lovely home to me for the rest of this week and maybe some of next week because I don't want to stay alone in my new apartment.
So, yes, you just remembered that I moved this weekend. It was an adventure to say the least. My new place is really nice. Very spacious and clean and newly renovated. I feel like I live in a small house! Em and I are even on opposite ends of the apartment, so there is a lot of privacy...maybe too much. LOL. Friday and Saturday we moved. And by move, I mean walked up and down tons of stairs over and over and over and over. It was exhausting. Thank the Lord that our new wonderful friends came to help! George, Joel, Dave, and John all helped us out. It was great. Then on Sunday my awesome sister came up and in two days single-handed-ly unpacked our entire apartment AND made me nest in my room. It was SO stinkin' nice of her and I wish there was something I could do to repay her. It was so great of her and we had a nice time together. I am literally sore and exhausted and black and blue (thanks to my new bookcase)! Who knew moving could be so abusive? But, the move is done and the unpacking is almost as well.
Em left for Ireland on Sunday and Ilise moved home today - but, I still consider her our roommate and she has a room at our place still. I hate to be alone overnight, so I am pushing myself on to others for the next 16 days until Em finally comes home. This week I am with Marci and this weekend I'll be with my family in San Diego and next week Marci and I will be together again. Did I mention how much I love and appreciate her? :)
So, I guess what this 100th post can show and prove is that life changes. It is unexpected and each step leads to the future and each step points you in the right direction that the Lord wills you to go. Em and I view our new apartment as our next chapter, even more so than grad school or new jobs. A physical move seems to open and welcome a new life chapter in a very big way, so I guess it is fitting that this new chapter begins as I write my 100th post. I am looking forward to seeing what the next 100 blog entries will say and what this new chapter will bring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like boats...

-A

Rachel said...

You got a new bookcase!!!!! yes, this is the only thing that caught my eye lol