Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Things About Me

So, it has been a week since my last post and while I have a lot of things to blog about, it has been a busy (but good) week. I'll write about some of those thoughts later this week. But for now...
There has been a lot of talk at work about Facebook lately. My peers and co-workers and I have all been talking about the benefits of Facebook and the cons of it, such as when you are applying for jobs. It's funny to think of how one small social networking site has become such a phenomenon. I even helped my co-worker create her own Facebook profile this week!
Here is a hilarious and clever article about the Facebook status to add to this blog's sudden theme.
This week there has been a massive note about the 25 things about yourself going around Facebook, and because I wrote this list tonight for my profile, I thought I'd post it on my blog as well.

1. I usually don’t do these kinds of things, but when good friends do I feel I should too, especially when your roommate tells you she will if you tag her (hi Em).
2. I am addicted to Barnes & Noble and spend way too much time and money there.
3. I have four boxes of unread books in my closet at this very moment, as well as three stacks of magazines.
4. My family is incredibly important to me.
5. Grad school is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made and it is not because I will have a Masters degree by the end.
6. I love to learn.
7. I am one of those people who loved high school more than college.
8. Although I claim Jane Austen as one of my favorite authors I have never actually read all the way through one of her novels (I know Rachel, I know), but I plan to change that soon by reading “Sense and Sensibility” for pleasure and not as an English major.
9. When I was little I wanted to be a singer and move to Nashville.
10. Someday I’d like to spend a whole year spending one week in all 50 states.
11. New York City is one of my favorite places…ever.
12. I’d rather live by the ocean than the mountains.
13. Someday I will road trip along the entire coast of California and stop and see all my friends along the way.
14. I am ridiculously obsessed with George Clooney and Angelina Jolie.
15. Italian food is my favorite.
16. I once ripped a page out of Vista High’s yearbook that was on display at the Del Mar (aka San Diego County) Fair.
17. I hate comedy movies, meaning anything will Will Ferrel, Jack Black, Adam Sandler, etc.
18. Listening to Ryan Seacrest’s morning show on KIIS is the best part about waking up in the morning.
19. I love reading other people’s blogs.
20. I love to sing, it makes me happy.
21. There is a little bit of a stalker in everyone, but I may have a bit more than others.
22. I know most everything about pop culture, but sometimes I feel embarrassed about that.
23. My favorite verse is Hebrews 11:1 “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”
24. My top seven strengths are Input, Achiever, Intellection, Learner, Responsibility, Empathy, and Developer.
25. Part of me thinks this is really lame and does not want to post this at all. :)

No comments: