Monday, December 22, 2008

Week in review (BIG post)

Rach and I two years ago.

Nikki and I.

Rach and I watching the lights of Friday.

Em and Ilise watching the lights too.

Nikki and I getting ready for prom.
Wow, I have been wanting to post about the last week for…a week! Here is the (almost) daily break down:
Last Saturday (two weeks ago): worked graduation all day. Hung out in between with Kelle, my freshman and sophomore (part of that year) roommate. It was so good to see her and catch up and apologize and reminisce about our time as roommates. Although we almost killed our friendship as roommates, we needed each other, and on Saturday we were able to admit that. Saturday night my roommates threw a Christmas party and we had a lot of fun.
Last Sunday: I had a rough beginning but ended it with a nice dinner at home with my family. It was just an afternoon trip, but SO worth it.
Last Monday: class, which is the love of my life right now. Every week I look forward to class and learning and laughing. It has been great getting to know and learn from some new people! I love them.
Tuesday and Wednesday were uneventful and emotionally difficult, but fine.
Thursday: I was surprised by RACHEL!!! She and Em planned to have her meet Ilise and I at what we thought was going to be just a small, no big deal, sushi meal, but then Rach surprised us at the restaurant! I was SO happy!!! It was a great and total surprise. I kept thinking I was dreaming. She spent the night and we all watched and quoted “You’ve Got Mail” until we had pillow talk and went to sleep.
Friday: Spent the day with Rach. I slept in (sorry, Rach) and then we went to Chipotle because they don’t have those in Texas and Rach was craving it. Then we spent the rest of the afternoon in downtown Pasadena. We stumbled upon the Pasadena Museum of California art and it was great. There was a public terrace on the second story and it overlooked City Hall. It was beautiful and unexpected. It would be a great proposal or wedding reception location. Private and romantic. That night all four roomies went to see Christmas lights at the Griffith Observatory, but on the way we stopped at a shady Starbucks in the middle of LA. It was so random because it was scary looking, but inside it was packed and everyone seemed to know each other. They were this unique mix of all ethnicities and economic classes. It reminded me of what Heaven will look like someday – all of God’s unique creation mingling together in harmony. After the observatory we went to a very late dinner at CPK and then to Montana’s (a country line dance bar). It was fun.
Saturday: spent the morning and late afternoon with Rach and watched four movies by the time I went to bed. Em and I went to Disneyland, only to find out it was a blackout day for us, so we went to Cheesecake factory for nachos and drinks instead.
Sunday (yesterday): Went home for the day and hung out with NIKKI! I was SO excited to see her and have been looking forward to it for weeks. We had a great time. Went to lunch, talked with Amy on the phone about movies, ran some errands and hung out at my house with the fam. I did not want to say goodbye or drive back to my apartment, but I did.
Today: I had a good day at work and then saw Rach again and that was awesome.
I am taking tomorrow off and going home for the next twelve days. I am SO excited! I don’t think I have been this excited to go home in years, which is ironic because I am most content to be up here than I ever have been. I think I am excited because I have so many plans to see friends. It is a nice change because things in my life at my apartment are so empty socially and it is great to know that I am going home to a loving family and a ton of old friends to catch up and laugh with. It’s going to be great!

2 comments:

Jan said...

"Empty socially?" You just gave a complete rundown of daily, nonstop activities!!! Any more and you'd be flat on your face! Can't wait to have you at home. Love, Mom

Rachel said...

I think that you forgot to mention the most important part of our pillow talk times....BOB...the big blue light. Always there...watching us sleep...yeah that sounds creepy lol. I heart you and I am SO glad that I was able to surprise you....hugs and nuzzle