Sunday, September 21, 2008

Danger and Bonding


This postcard from Post Secret (http://postsecret.blogspot.com/) reminded me of what I was thinking about last night. My sister and roommates and I all went to the Santa Monica Pier last night. It sounds like a great and fun time, but I was a bit of a complainer and a “fun sucker.” I just always think about the things that could go wrong, rather than just live in the here and now. Some would say my heightened sense of danger is a good thing. It keeps me out of trouble, keeps things safe, and keeps me aware of my surroundings. However, it can also be a bad thing when enjoying a night with loved ones on what was supposed to be an adventure becomes a time of fear and anxiousness. The best part of the night was the van ride there. I love riding in the car with friends blasting music and laughing. I just wish I could embrace adventure a bit more and ignore the fear that tends to creep up at the most unfortunate times.

In other news, I had a GREAT time with my sister this weekend!


“[With my sister], our relationship has grown and is changing. When we were growing up, I didn’t really have a choice … I lived four feet away from her, so love her or hate her — she was there. But when you get older, it’s your decision how many times you pick up the phone, and that’s what’s a little scary about growing up, is that your relationships, especially with your family, become less defined and it’s more up to you to define them.”
~ America Ferrera in “Seventeen Magazine” Oct. 2008

No comments: