Monday, July 14, 2008

Thoughts on Love...

I’ve been thinking about love and relationships lately (okay, not just lately), blame it on the weddings and engagements that keep popping up.
I think the best kind of love is the kind that makes you a better person. The kind that makes you so happy with who you are that you glow. The kind that makes you the best version of yourself. The kind that changes you for the better. The kind that causes the people around you to want to be with you and your significant other. The kind where selflessness, purity, honesty, and Godliness blossom out of the relationship in a very obvious way. The kind of love that makes you grow and mature and deepen as a person individually, relationally, and spiritually.
Even I have experienced the feeling you get when you are with a certain person and you know you have become the best version of yourself. The most natural, beautiful, and genuine version of yourself. And you know when the moment is over that very few other people can bring that side out of you. That is the person to stay with, and that version of you is the person you need to become, even if the one you were with is no longer by your side.
It is what Elizabeth Barrett Browning describes when she says: “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.”

No comments: